Saturday, February 28, 2009

solus.

The past month has admittedly been absolutely crazy.
It began with my first car accident. Driving down the 60, not paying much attention, slammed into the back of a rav4...i think. I made it out with no major damage to my car, myself, or anyone else. That definitely made me give huge thanks to the big man upstairs.
The following day was more hectic than most. Grandpa Gillespie suffered a stroke and was placed in ICU.
That same night I got in a more serious accident with some of my good friends. We were heading home on the 101 southbound when the car in the lane next to us swerved into our lane. The driver of our car lost control, and we crashed into the wall at 70 miles an hour. Being as witty as I am, I was not wearing my seatbelt and did a full blown face plant into the back of the passengers seat, I was knocked
unconscious and suffered a bloody nose and whiplash. The other passengers say we spun quite a bit and I suppose it must be true because by the time I had gotten out we were in the middle lane of the freeway. The other car left instantly, but we were going no where. Several police, an ambulance, and firemen surrounded the area. Luckily, no one was seriously injured. This incident instilled in me valuable life lessons, and in a way I'm glad it happened.


Rest In Paradise




Grandpa Gillespie.
Daddy said it was 5 o'clock in Budapest.
Higher than all angels be.


Things are slowly calming down, but for now I will remain docile and hopeful.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I have a new follower too. I put up all the pictures I had of grandpa, I'm glad you found this one. It sucks huh? I miss him.

    Glad you're ok, me and you seem to get in more accidents than anyone.. that stupid 101 is just a big pain in the butt.

    ReplyDelete